2017年3月31日星期五

Guardian_这么多伟大的建筑,都是这个工匠在默默维护


00:00:16-00:00:21
Search for the finest design in Japan.
寻找日本最美设计。

00:00:25-00:00:49
Nowadays, the knowledge of the modern world is dependent on words and numbers. But we reply on the memories of hands and bodies to work. My name is Ogawa Mio. I am a palace carpenter, who builds shrines and temples, such as the temple right behind me.
如今现代人学习知识都是依赖于文字和数字,但我们则是依靠手和身体的记忆,来进行工作,我叫小川三夫,职业是宫大工(宫殿木匠),宫殿木匠就是建造类似在我身后的塔,建造神社和寺庙的。

00:00:51-00:01:19
When I was 18, I visited the Five Story Pagoda at the Horyu Ji Temple.How did they move the logs? How did they lift the metal spire? These were the questions I was thinking about and since then, I  wanted to work as a carpenter.When I was in the sophomore year of my high school, I went to the Nara county government to ask for help, asking “is there any similar work that I can do? ” then I went to the Horyu Ji Temple.
应该是18岁吧,那时候我在法隆寺看到了五重塔,“这么大的木头是怎么运过来的呢”“顶上的水烟(金属塔尖)是怎么抬上去的呢”思考了这些问题,我就有了从事这个工作的念头。那时候我高二,我先到了奈良的县政府去请求帮助,“请问有没有类似的工作可以让我去做呢”然后就去了法隆寺。

00:01:22-00:01:46
I saw Nishioka Hitachi checking the construction site there, who is called the devil of the Horyu Ji Temple.He said, “this job won’t feed you, or help you get married. Please just give up.” He refused me then, but I still wanted to be a palace carpenter, so I went to a small construction site and worked there for three years.
西冈常一栋梁正在现场工作,我见到了他,西冈栋梁被人说成“法隆寺住着的一个魔鬼”。“这个工作吃不饱饭、娶不到老婆”“你还是放弃吧”当时他就这么拒绝了我,但我还是想当宫殿木匠,所以就去小地方的工地干了三年。

00:01:49-00:02:41
Four springs later, I received his letter.“There is a job available at the Horyu Ji Temple to fix Three Story Pagoda. If you are alone, you could come. ”After I got there, he told me a year from now, you are only responsible for sharpening knives. You are not allowed to read newspapers, watch TV, listen to the radio or read work-related book. So I was sharpening the knives the whole day. Once he came to my room, and pared one piece of wood shavings; said, wood shaving should look like this. That piece looked really thin and beautiful. In order to pare wood shavings like that, I kept practicing day and night.
从第一次访问西冈栋梁后过了三年,在第四个春天,我收到他寄来的信,“有一个在法轮寺修三重塔的活儿”“你一个人的话可以过来”。我当时去了以后他和我说,“从现在开始的一年,你就只负责磨刀”“报纸、电视、广播、工作方面的书都不许看”于是我就一天到晚,只磨刀。有一次西冈栋梁来了我的房间,刨了一片刨花,然后说刨花应该长成这样,那片刨花特别薄,真的很美,为了能刨出同样的刨花,需要每天去刨,磨了再刨,刨了再磨。

00:02:45-00:03:19
To us, we learn and practice, all based on the memories of our hands and bodies. Soley the memories of our mind won't be enough. We have to practice over the time. We built Dharmacakra, and Golden Hall and West tower of Yakushiji, and it took 8 years in total. The temple used up 1800 large logs, which were 30 centimeters by 30 centimeters by 30 centimeters.
对我们来说,这个工作的学习、实践、都是靠手的记忆,靠身体的记忆、光靠脑子思考,根本做不到,一定要身体力行地时间练习才可以,我们修筑了法轮寺、药师寺的金堂和西塔,前后一共用了八年,这个塔用了1800根大木头,就是1800根30厘米X30厘米X3米的木材。

00:03:20-00:04:03
We must all think the ancient buildings are built with the knowledge of the past predecessors, but it is not actually about knowledge, but wisdom. It is the fruit of human intelligence.It is amazing to think that, 7 or 8 years ago, around 300 candidates came to me every year. Only 3 people would be accepted. Some people graduated from University of Tokyo, others couldn't even write nor calculate. We gathered a lot of different people, but they all came because of their love for the job.
“古代建筑都是古人用知识搭建的”大家一定都是这么认为的吧,但实则不是知识,是智慧。是人类智慧的结晶,大约七、八年前的话,每年(来我这里)的应聘者有三百人左右,其中能加入的最多三个人,想想还挺惊人的。我们这里有东京大学毕业的人,也有不会写字的人,不会计算的人,但他们都是热爱这个工作才来的,聚集了很多不一样的人。

00:04:04-00:04:24
I have nothing to worry about, because my apprentices have turned out well. For example, if we need to carry heavy objects, the one with the strength will take the initiative to carry it. I keep everything in mind. To maintain such a cooperative life, we have to consider other people’s feelings.
我没有什么可担心的,我的徒弟们都成长的很出色,比如扛重物的时候,力气大的会主动承担重的部分,我都看在眼里,如果没有体贴别人的心情。是无法维持大家这种合作生活的。

00:04:26-00:04:42
I think tradition is not there to be protected; it forms itself. I think, as long as we tried our best to build something that wouldn’t embarrass us, it will naturally becomes a tradition.
我觉得传统不是要维护的,是要自己形成的,只要拼命建造出不会丢脸的东西,这个东西自然就会留下形成传统,我是这么认为。


想看到更多国内外优秀中短视频翻译素材,请订阅新浪微博/优酷账号:特兰斯科传媒;
有中短视频需要翻译,请联系QQ516924496 电话/微信18295987484
For video translation,contact 516924496@qq.com +86 18295987484

没有评论:

发表评论